Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wednesday, February 16

Sorry, no post from yesterday- lack of internet! It was a tremendously stressful day, so you didn't miss much :)

Today, though, was a great day! It was full of many "firsts" since I've been in Liberia:


P.A.'s is a ribhouse in Monrovia, which recently opened a second location- which is much better, cheaper, closer... AND it has a drive through! This is a totally new concept in Liberia!

We headed to P.A.'s for a lunch meeting today- $5 cheeseburger with REAL Hunts ketchup--- it was SOOOO good!

Then we went to check out a couple of local hotels for some upcoming guests. To our shock and surprise, they had an elevator! We had to document our first ever elevator ride in Liberia...
The Liberian woman thought we were a bit crazy!


It's the small things that sometimes get you through the day. :)

7 comments:

Carolyn said...

That's awesome! :)

Debbie Sue Young said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie Sue Young said...

not sure why it erased my last comment but here's a re-attempt...

I enjoyed our day of "firsts" together with you two lovely ladies and I'm glad we didn't have our first experience with getting stuck on an elevator in Liberia in a place that "looked like stepping out of a Jackie Chan movie" ;)

Carey said...

Sweet!! Enjoy enjoy enjoy! Oh, and keep us posted on how the drive-thru scores. In China, a fast food chain opened with a drive thru. People would drive through, get their food, and go inside and eat!

Naomi said...

Awesome! :) Here's my question... unless P.A.'s moved, where in the world do they have space for their drive-through? I recall that parking lot being a bit crowded as it was!

Joni said...

Yes- they now have a second location- if you turn right at ELWA junction, its another 2-3 blocks- nice and close!!!

Unknown said...

ahhh..progress..I almost cried when I read about PA's being that close to the office..but probably good for me it wasn't..I would have been fat-o!!!