Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday, February 18

Well, it's Friday evening, and that only means one thing: I made it through the week. My brain is pretty fried so don't expect anything too profound tonight! But I will share with you another "job" I've picked up during my time in Liberia.

I'm officially the SP beautician.

I've been cutting hair for Kendell, Isaac and Felix (and Buzz) for a couple of years, but last year my clientele exploded. Who's hair have/do I cut? Bev, Taya, Adanesh, Justin, Matt, Kendell, Isaac, Felix, Reed, Hannah and a half dozen or more SP guests that decide they need a trim, or even a whole new style while they are here.

Towards the end of the year last year, I was recieving phone calls from other mission groups asking for appointments for them! (If you haven't figured it out, we don't have many options for places to go for haircuts) This week alone I have cut 3 people's hair (including a nicely shaped mullet- with photos to come) and I have three more to do this weekend. Thankfully, if you live in Liberia, more than likely you are not too picky about your hair, which offers a lot of grace to the one holding the scissors!

1 comment:

Becky Bartlett said...

Who knew that your artistic skills would extend to a pair of scissors!? :) i'll make an appt with you next time you're back in IA.