Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday, February 6

I keep telling people around me that I feel as if I have graduated from something. Two years ago when co-workers would talk "development" I felt like they were speaking a foreign language. I knew what they were trying to achieve, but at the time, I was just the photographer who captured it.

One visitor from an affiliate office in particular has always made me nervous and intimidated. I always felt unable to contribute to the conversation at hand. But over the last year while managing CLP, all that has changed. This year, I understood the theories and conversations. This year I was able to contribute or rebuttal. This year I even gave my own opinions and strategies.

Do I have it figured out? No way. Am I growing? Definitely.

Watching my CLP ladies come to class and learn how to tell the difference between a "G" and a "W" is inspiring. God gave us all brains for a reason- to continue to learn, and in that we honor Him by using what He has given us. No matter what age. No matter what our background or situation.

No matter if you are "just" a photographer.

1 comment:

Becky Bartlett said...

Miss Joni... you've never been 'Just' a photographer!! :) Love ya-