Sunday, February 27, 2011

An $800 Sunrise

Sometimes things happen and we are not sure "why" they happened-but they do. Sometimes these events make you laugh, sometimes they make ponder life and sometimes they cost you money...I had a moment like this today and it is going to cost me!

Let me set the stage for you: filming at sunrise, at 7:30am (we had been up since 5:45am), the gorgeous sunrise coming up over the rice fields of Liberia...

We are almost done and Ryan is running in front of the camera acting goofy-so I decided out of no where to step out of my comfort zone and be a little crazy too -hey why not! I lift my mono-pod and chased Ryan while swinging the mono-pod over my head. And that's when it happened-the event that changed my day-my month-and my bank account. I had my camera around my neck resting on my hip as I was running and out of NO WHERE a little rock jutted out and down I went...onto my left side-the side my camera was on...the good news is the camera body is ok. The bad news...my lens busted-like broke into two pieces-and so did my heart...

If any of you have ever been around me and my equipment, you know that I don't mess around with it- I treat it was a lot of care and make sure everyone else does too! But, I guess sometimes stuff happens... and today was one of those days... If you feel like donating to my "save the lens" project, contact me...

No comments: