Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wednesday, February 2

Some of my favorite interview moments this week:

Joni: "You know, God made us all differently- we all are good at some things and not so good at others. Can you tell me what your strengths are?"

Interviewee- "Physically?"
________________________

Joni: "So tell me why you want to be a CLP facilitator?"

Interviewee: silence.

Joni: "Can you tell me what you are good at? What your strengths are?"

Interviewee: silence.

Joni: "Can you tell me about your spiritual life? Your relationship with Christ?"

Interviewee: Silence.

Joni: "Ok! Thanks for coming."

____________________________

Joni: "Ok we have been asking you lots of questions today. Do you have any questions for us?"

Interviewee: "Well, yes. What would happen if the community I am living in starts to complain about me?"

Joni: "Are you planning on the community complaining about you?"

Interviewee: "No! No! I am just wondering what would happen."

Joni: "We would talk to you and deal with the issue"

I: "Ok. So what would happen if I get into a fight?"

Base Manager: "Why are you asking these questions??? Are you trying to pre-empt what is going to happen?"

I: "no no no... I am just wondering."

J: "Um... ok. thanks for coming in!"
_______________________________

Joni: "Ok so we have talked about your strengths. What would you say is a weakness of yours?"

Interviewee: thinking...... "Hard work."

Joni: " Excuse me? Did you say hard work?"

Interviewee: "Yes. Hard work."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They all seem like good candidates to me..hire them all!! ooooh Liberia..of course I never know how to answer the weakness question either..My nephew Dan said he just states that it is answering that question when he gets asked it!!!

Naomi said...

Ditto what Buzz said! :) I liked the "hard work" one... at least he's honest! :)