Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wed, January 19

A couple months ago we had two of my Liberian friends, Nancy and Jerry, over for supper. We thought that spaghetti was probably the best western meal to make for them. We thought wrong. We all burst out laughing when after the first bite they were trying to choke it down! I guess our favorites are not everyone else's! Tonight we had Nancy over again. This time, Taya and I decided we would cook a Liberian meal. My first attempt at cooking split pea soup to put on the rice... one bite in, and Nancy pulled an interesting face. "Hot pepper! It needs hot pepper!" I grabbed the crushed red pepper from the kitchen and covered her rice till it was red. I guess I better keep practicing my Liberian soups!

1 comment:

Danielle Carpenter said...

Ha ha ha I love this post...I just had to read it out loud to Adanesh and Winstone...ha ha ha.