Some of the girls from our OVC skills training school- ironing their tye-dye that is for sale.
Praying for one of our beneficaries.
One of the only war monuments I have seen out in the villages. Horrible atrocities happened in this particular village... Rebels came through and asked each citizen if they preferred long sleeves or short sleeves. Each citizen was then brought into a room where if they chose long sleeves, their hands were chopped off. If they had chosen short sleeves, their arms above the elbow were chopped off. This monument lists all those who were killed, also from this village.
We took the team to take part in one of our fishpond harvests!
Emily showing off her catch!
So basically they drain the pond, and you get in up to your knees with strainers, grabbing as many fish as you can as they flip flop in the mud around you and through your toes!
It's always a riot, especially for the locals! Some of the ladies on the team said that the fishpond harvest was the best time she had had in her life!I will admit, I was quite nervous to host this all women team out in the "bush"... but it was so much fun and I was blessed to have them around for 10 days! Thanks ladies, for coming!




2 comments:
Crying! Thank YOU for having us. One of the best experiences of my life.
Beth
Thank you, Joni - for sharing you life, your Liberia, and your friends with us! We will never be the same - and I can't thank you enough for that!
Post a Comment