Just some totally random pics in Liberia... mostly the non "professional" ones.. but I hope it gives you another look at my life here.

Taya and the ladies of Malawo. She is their adopted daughter and a "citizen" of Malawo.

Me and my namesake Yassa from Malawo. That is my Loma name, Yassa.

Attempting to climb the rock wall using a vine.. it's been done before but I decided it won't be done by me! It doesn't look it, but its about 50 feet tall.

Helping plaster one of the latrines in Malawo.

It keeps falling off!

STAY!

Installing a water filter in one of the homes in Malawo.

Went for a bike ride with Bev and Taya. I'm the one in the middle.

Foya lookout point. The ground is littered with bullets from the war.

Bev, Taya and I.

Our reflection in the motorbike helmet.

One of the mud bogs I had to ride through!

One of the many log bridges we have to cross.. except this time we hooked a log and pulled it right off with us!

mmmm bush meat... "that sweet meat-o!"

Tay-tay and I getting ready to go check out some water filters.

So I am always seeing the kids roll their wheels down the street, so I decided I would give it a try... it's a LOT harder than it looks!

They make it look so easy.

Supper time! Grab a spoon and dig in.

Getting ready for the hike down from Malawo.


And after we reached the bottom... ewww....

Me and Hauwa. (SP Senior Projects Manager)

The WATSAN and company office. Bev, Taya and myself. Next year I get a real desk :)

The focal point of our whole office...

My first trip up to Malawo.. taking a breather... if the redness of my face doesn't tell you how out of shape I am, I don't know what will!

Downloading pictures in Malawo. There is an open house that we have been staying in, in tents.

The sunset my last night in Liberia. Thank you, Lord!

Celebrating Bev's birthday! I made my attempt at cake decorating... don't ask what they were supposed to be!

Erin (worked with Special Projects) and Taya (Water and Sanitation Program Manager)

Janell and myself. Janell manages the Community Livelihood Program, AND her parents operate ABC, which is who I worked closely with.

Seren and Lisa. Seren runs her own organization called L.A.C.E.S, doing soccer leagues and mentorship, and Lisa coordinates our HIV/AIDS programs.

Our house on ELWA. Seven of us girls live here.

Our new office building on ELWA!

This is how you do homework when your electricity isn't working...

Golfing at Firestone Rubber Plantation. $5 for 9 holes, $5 for a caddy!

One of my favorite spots... on the porch overlooking the ocean.
1 comment:
Kids here in Nigeria play with the wheel and the stick all the time too! Not easy!! You said next year in one of your posts...are you already planning to return?!
Post a Comment