Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Thursday, April 14

Arrived in London at 7:30 am, and was picked up by my friend Alan! Alan is a videographer/producer from the UK that has been out to Liberia a couple times to cover SP projects. I've really enjoyed spending time with him and his son Tim, and it was great to have someone I know pick me up from the airport!

It was straight to the SP office for me, where I greeted Bev and the rest of the office crew. Once again, it was nice to meet people face to face who I have been communicating with over email for years! In the afternoon we did some filming of Bev for the pre-marathon video, and then headed back to the office for a presentation.

Bev and I were able to share for an hour about the work in Liberia, and the projects that the UK office funds (including CLP). It is always a blessing to be able to share about our work in Liberia, and encourage the office staff in the UK and to thank them for their work!

That night Andy and Lynn took Bev and I out for Italian- the weather was beautiful, but I hadn't acclimated yet and was wearing about 4 layers and a stocking hat in 70* weather! :) I finally came around a few days later...

No comments: